Application Appeal

Spousal Sponsorship Application Appeal in Edmonton

If you submit a spousal sponsorship application and it is denied, you can submit an appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division. The Appeal Division holds a hearing where you, the sponsor, will appear in person or on video and testify about your relationship. The Appeal might also have your spouse testify, either in person, by telephone conference, or video, if your spouse is outside Canada.

You and your spouse will have an opportunity to submit documentation to the Appeal Division to demonstrate the genuineness of your relationship for the Appeal Division to consider. In some circumstances, they grant the Appeal and the Board Members determine the decision by the immigration officer was unreasonable. In that case, your spousal sponsorship application returns to the Embassy or High Commission of Canada which processed your application, and it will be re-determined by a different officer.

If your spousal sponsorship application has been denied, please contact our office, and we will advise you based on your specific case. In some cases, we recommend appealing the decision.

Spousal Sponsorship Appeal can be a long process; you must take many steps to achieve success. The documentation needs to be accurate and the relationship explained to the officer’s satisfaction. It is an incredibly frustrating process if not done correctly.

Your chances of success with your Edmonton Spousal Sponsorship Appeal go up significantly with the help of a professional from Preferred Immigration Services.

Contact Us Today!


    According to the processing times given by IRCC, it can take up to 12 months to sponsor a spouse in Canada.

    To sponsor your spouse in Canada, the sponsor must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, at least 18 years of age, and must not fall within any of the ineligibility provisions. (must not be inadmissible)

    You may be eligible to sponsor your spouse, dependent child, common-law, conjugal partner, parents, grandparents, adopted child, and an orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild. You may be able to sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age; if you meet the conditions listed by IRCC and don't have a living relative (listed above), you could sponsor instead.

    Get Support with your Spousal Sponsorship Appeal

    During the Appeal, the Ministers council will have the ability to ask the sponsor and any witnesses who can represent the sponsor for the case. The council for the sponsor will also ask questions and clarify anything left to question by the minister.

    It is imperative to represent the facts in your case correctly and clearly show the minister that the relationship is genuine if this is the reason for the refusal. As counsel for the sponsor, it is our job to explain in detail by submission and hear that the case is genuine to allow or approve the appeal.

    Spousal Sponsorship Application Appeal
    Service Type
    Spousal Sponsorship Application Appeal
    Provider Name
    Preferred Immigration Services,
    10335 178 St NW Suite 206,Edmonton,Alberta-T5S 1R5,
    Telephone No.587-977-2394
    Edmonton, Sherwood Park, Stony Plain, Spruce Grove, St. Albert, Leduc
    Preferred Immigration helps Canadian citizens or permanent residents with spousal sponsorship in Canada. You are also able to sponsor a common-law spouse, your children, or grandparents. The experts at Preferred Immigration are here to guide you through the process of getting successful sponsorship applications completed correctly.