Understand the Canadian Spousal Sponsorship Process.

Spousal Sponsorship in Canada

Canadian citizens or permanent residents may sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner to become a Permanent Resident in Canada. The Sponsor shall sign an agreement with the Canadian Government stating his/her responsibility to support the sponsored spouse for a certain period financially. Spousal Sponsorship in Canada is one of the best ways to bring loved ones here.

Contact Us Today!

    Canadian Spousal Sponsorship

    Common-Law Partner Sponsorship

    The Canadian Government considers common-law couples who have lived together in a conjugal relationship for at least 12 consecutive months (some exceptions apply) and have combined your affairs. The common-law partner isn’t legally married to you and can be either sex.

    Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship

    You can sponsor your parents and grandparents, related by blood or adoption, to become Canada’s permanent residents. The application intake for this program opens at the beginning of the year, so be sure to prepare before its opening date if you have the qualification and intention to sponsor your parents and grandparents.

    Application For Spousal Sponsorship

    Sponsorship of Other Eligible Relatives

    If you have brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, or grandchildren who are orphaned, under the age of 18 and are single, they may receive sponsorship to come to Canada as a permanent resident.

    You may also be able to sponsor one relative if you do not have anyone, such as a partner, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece, a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.

    Conjugal Partner Sponsorship

    Suppose you and your partner have been unable to live together due to circumstances beyond your control, but meet the other criteria for married or common-law sponsorship. In that case, you may be considered a conjugal partner. The conjugal partner can be of the same or opposite sex. You can still qualify for Canadian Spousal Sponsorship.

    Two options are available to process spousal sponsorship: the family class process outside Canada or the In-Canada class. The type of application will depend on the family situation. Spousal Sponsorship is a two-stage process. The first stage is assessing the sponsor’s eligibility, and the second stage is the assessment of the sponsored person’s eligibility. There are specific criteria that you need to meet to have success in both stages. A marriage certificate alone does not prove a genuine relationship and, therefore, does not guarantee a permanent resident visa issuance. Preferred Immigration Services Inc can assist you in understanding and succeed with your spousal sponsorship application.

    Dependent Children Sponsorship

    Suppose you have children whom you want to sponsor to Canada. In that case, the first thing you need to check is whether you need to sponsor them or they are already Canadian citizens. They do not need sponsorship to come to Canada but to just apply for proof of Canadian citizenship. As the parent sponsor, this may happen if you are already a Canadian citizen at the time of your child’s birth/adoption.

    If the above scenario does not apply to you, you may apply to sponsor your children to become Canada’s permanent residents. You will have to show that you have the financial capacity to support your children in Canada. In most cases, this a straight-forward application. However, complexities in these cases may also arise, which may cause delays or refusal of an application.

    Business Hours

    Monday: 8:30am to 4:30pm
    Tuesday: 8:30am to 4:30pm
    Wednesday: 8:30am to 4:30pm
    Thursday: 8:30am to 4:30pm
    Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm

    Business Info

    Immigration Consultants Edmonton
    10335 178 St NW Suite 206,
    Edmonton, AB T5S 1R5

    Copyright © 2021 Preferred Immigration Services all rights reserved. Designed by Leads Marketing Group

    Spousal Sponsorship in Canada
    Service Type
    Spousal Sponsorship in Canada
    Provider Name
    Preferred Immigration Services,
    10335 178 St NW Suite 206,Edmonton,Alberta-T5S 1R5,
    Telephone No.587-977-2394
    Edmonton, Sherwood Park, Stony Plain, Spruce Grove, St. Albert, Leduc
    Preferred Immigration helps Canadian citizens or permanent residents with spousal sponsorship in Canada. You are also able to sponsor a common-law spouse, your children, or grandparents. The experts at Preferred Immigration are here to guide you through the process of getting successful sponsorship applications completed correctly.